Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rotten Apples

Twilight...

Awesomely fantastic book. That story is beast wrapped in a bindingy thing. They're the best books I've ever read. The movie...

Well, it pretty much kinda sorta sucked on ice!

Kristen Stewart can't act worth crap, at least in that movie. It seemed like she forgot her lines or something cuz her stuttering in every other sentence really bugged me. And she was oober awkward, especially with Robert Pattinson. Zero chemistry there. Just empty space with a bunch of awkward turtles swimming around. Way over dramatic with not so dramatic scenes, too.

Every scene that was serious in the book was a funny part in the movie because they couldn't act and it seemed so fake. And every funny one in the book was serious and stiff in the movie. Like when Bella figures out Edward's a vampire. First of all, they're in the freaking car, not the forest. Secondly, he's laughing at her because she doesn't care that he could be planning on killing her in .2 seconds. They switched up the scenes a lot in the movie. That always sucks. Like with this one or the first kiss scene. (in a forest, not her room!!)

Oh!! The bedroom scene.. WHAT THE CRAP!!!!! That was the worst kissing scene in movie history. And when Edward was sucking out the venom from Bella's arm and "couldn't stop." What?!? It looked like he was about to eat her whole, he was sucking on so much of her arm!! And she was panting so hard that it looked almost like a fish out of water.

But I don't think the entire no chemistry issue was Rob's fault. He may not have looked a thing like Edward, but he did a good job as Cedric in Harry Potter so he can act. He did the bestish he could with what he had.. ish..

As for the other characters, Rosalie could have been meaner and Esme could have been a little more motherly, but they were still good. Emmett was sweetness and majorly hot, Carlisle was beasty, Alice was the perfect amount of crazy, perky, and funny and Jasper was hilariously amazing!!! Her friends (Angela Weber, Jessica Stanley, and Eric Yorkie) were cast really well, especially Mike Newton.. nuff said. The Nomads were awesome. Laurent, Victoria, and James were funny at the right times, seriously creepy at the right times. Charlie was amazingly funny and the awkward dad he was supposed to be. Taylor Lautner did a great job as Jacob, even though he was only shown for an itty bit of the movie. (Although, they didn't get really into the Quiluete stories much.) But I can't tell you if he'll do well in the next ones.

Edward's glitter really ticked me off. He was supposed to be almost brighter than the sun, sparkling. How is he supposed to dazzle and make that a really sweet quote if he can't manage to glow in the sun?!? Instead it looked like computer generated or glued on glitter. I could barely tell that something was happening!! Grr!

The movie didn't flow as well as the books, it seemed sort of choppy. It was a huge disappointment and I think that if I hadn't read the book first, I would have been like "This is stupid, no way am I reading those crap books." Which isn't fair cuz they're beast books, not crap books. =(

I feel like I'm missing something about the movie that I wanted to say. But that's probably just cuz the movie was missing a lot of somethings.. or I'll remember it right after I publish the post. In which case, just find me and ask about it if you really want to know.

But anyway, I called this post "Rotten Apples" because you know how people say you shouldn't settle for the rotten, bad apples on the bottom of the tree? Well, don't settle for the crappy, stupid movie, READ THE BOOKS!!!

PS~ Question: Is it bad if you liked the characters except for the main 1 1/2? (I half liked Edward, half didn't.)

8 comments:

Mama D said...

Poor Jessica - all that time spent on youtube previews of the movie and on Stephanie Meyers website... and you didn't like the movie!! Wish it had been better for you. :)

Papa D said...

Abso-stinkin-lutely hilarious review, babe. You ought to consider a career writing reviews.

By the by, who really care about Twilight? It's just a book. (*covers head and runs away from flying objects being thrown his way*)

Reine said...

not just flying objects, dad. you're being straggled right now. sorry.. :)

Anonymous said...

You're kidding me right, how could you completely scrutinize
Twilight! It may not be the 'greatest' movie ever made, or the 'best' performance by all the actors/atresses but they still made a great movie and i'm glad I spent my money just to see it1 LOVE IT! And, what would you know about rating Twilight you little
14yearold

Anonymous said...

All the MEN in Twilight are sooooo sexy and also in the second movie they should show a little more buttie! Also this comment sounds like im a ho but i am really just a small town girl who never speeks her mink

Anonymous said...

i ment to say mind

eternity+17 said...

I think that this movie can be taken as a good movie or bad. It all depends on your perspective of the books. I think your imagination was not compatable with the reality of the movie. I think this entry is a bit of a rant, and to be honest, insulting. You can percive the book to movie switch however you like but I think that you were wrong. I though Edward had an amazing chemistry with Kristen and they couldn't have picked a better pair. There was actual connections between them in real life which made it that much better. The movie was a different form the books and how people pictured it, but they did a great job with picking the actors and such. (with the budget that they had) It shines in it's own way that makes it very captivating.

Allisynjon said...

I agree with your review 100%. I loved the books. And when it came to the movie I was sorely disappointed. I was frustrated with the scenes being diffrent than they are in the book. The movie just seemed to fly over stuff. It all happened way to quickly and very choppy. You did an excellent job on your review!