Saturday, April 26, 2008

Who's your American Idol?

Mama has just informed me that I should write in my blog (which, sorry, I haven't done - mainly to lack of time) in a while..

So.. who's your American Idol?

Mine is David Archuleta and he should also be to anyone who has ears and can listen to music. He's an AMAZING singer, he's HOT, and he's MORMON! Life couldn't get any better than that! And I can give you many more reasons why he should win..

but that would be a very, very long list in my opinion..

And I'm not one of those crazed fans who would google them and track them down. Also, I think it's kinda dumb to comment on the videos. Well, it's more that I think it's kinda dumb what some people will write. Seriously, though, they'll write things like "Are you single?" or "Please tell me where you live!" (both of which I have actually seen on the comment listy thing.)

Sometimes it is fun to read some of the comments, though. Like when someone writes something you don't like, you just have to tell them they're dumb idiots (is there a smart idiot?) who have no taste in music and "if you don't like them so much why are you listening to the video?"

Some people get really mad or sad when their favorite gets voted off (let's face it, who wants to see their fav go home?) but there is a limit to crazy and, let me tell you, some people have crossed that invisible (I feel the need to say "invisible" because, you never know, you could be sitting/standing next to someone reading this and they're looking around for a line drawn on the ground saying, "Oh, no! What if the line is right in front of the fridge and i'm starving!?") where was I? Oh, yea.. invisible line a little too much..

So, whether your Idol is David A. (woot, woot!) or some other contestant, just listen to their music, no idolizing! (you can laugh now cuz, you know, "idolizing" and the name of the show is "American IDOL!" ha, ha... that was really dumb, sorry you had to read that..)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica,you are so weird!I guess that's why I love you(just so you people know,I'm her sister.) I'm amazingly happy that you mentioned David Archuleta.And everything you said about him is true.Plus,I saw some of those crazy comments. They were as Laura,our very smart 5 year old sister,would say inconceivable. The funniest part of your blog,to me, was that right before I read this post I was looking at pictures of David A on google!Very strange coincidence.

Mama D said...

My favorite "Idol" is my kids, listening to all of you playing the American Idol youtube videos over and over and singing along!

I'm thinking it's going to come down to David or David. I think Syesha is the most improved, so I actually hope she makes the top 3. I like Brooke and she has her fans, but she's one of the weakest of the remaining 5. And Jason has his niche, but I don't think it'll carry him to the top. I like all of the remaining Idols!

Loved your post, Jessica, and your comment, Katie!

Papa D said...

What can I say about you, Jessica? You get your weirdness from your mother. (at least in my dreams)

I love reading your blog. Seriously, you have a career as a writer (a columnist, perhaps) if you decide to pursue it.

Now, about the actual question: one of the Davids. David A has the best pure voice - followed by Syesha, but David C is the best overall performer - followed by Syesha. (Mama is correct; Syesha is the most improved - by FAR.) Jason is Jason; I just don't get his appeal.

My guess is that David Cook will win, but David A wouldn't surprise me. Anyone else would.

ldsskittle07 said...

wow girl you are too funny. :)